Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Coconut Chai Protein Smoothie



I have the most amazing and delicious recipe to share with all of you! Breakfast is the most important meal of the day. I know what you are thinking... BUT I DON'T HAVE TIME! Well, make time! So many studies show that by eating breakfast you actually eat less calories throughout the day. Plus it gives you energy! If your excuse for not eating breakfast is because you have no time than this recipe is for you!


This recipe cannot get any easier. You throw it all in a blender and press on! If you are a fan of chai ( I am!!) than this is the perfect smoothie for you. The bananas make it super frothy and thick, the cinnamon and nutmeg makes it taste exactly like an iced chai! I used coconut almond milk  because I love the taste and it makes me feel like I am on vacation! You can totally use regular milk,soy or almond milk. This smoothie is perfect for a snack or breakfast! You can add more frozen banana if you like smoothies super thick ( I don't) or use less milk. I added Greek yogurt to bump up the protein, but you could also add vanilla protein powder, which would be equally delicious and filling!

Coconut Chai Protein Smoothie

Ingredients:
1 C. Coconut Milk
1/4 C 0% Greek yogurt ( or a scoop of vanilla protein)
1/2  frozen banana (sliced)
1 tsp. Ginger
1 tsp. Cinnamon
1/2 tsp. Nutmeg
1/2 tsp. Pumpkin Spice (or Allspice)
1 Tsp Vanilla

Directions:
Blend all ingredients in a blender until creamy. Pour & Serve!

150 calories.. ( SERIOUSLY?????)


No comments:

Post a Comment