Monday, November 4, 2013

Pumpkin Peanut Butter Pupsicles



If you know me, you know my obsession with my pug Meatball. My husband and I pretty much take her everywhere we go and if you take a look at my instagram it is basically pictures of her and food. That is probably why I named my dog after a food. If you love your dog as much as I do you know feeding them yummy and healthy treats is super important than make these treats! With the recent stories of dog treats from China being recalled you can never be too vigilant about knowing where your dogs treats come from. I always buy treats made in the USA, but why buy treats when you can make them yourself!




Cue these amazing Pumpkin Peanut Butter Pupsicles. Now you might be thinking,"Leanne, it is cold out ( well at least in the Northeast.)Why a Pupsicle?" I love frozen treats for Meatball because it takes her a long time to eat them. For example, when my husband and I are eating a romantic dinner and I don't want her to stare at us for an hour. They are also super easy to make. Simply spoon mixture into small disposable cups ( like Dixie) and when you are ready to give your pup the treat just peel the cup away. When your pup is done licking all the peanut butter and pumpkin they have a treat to eat!

Pumpkin Peanut Butter Pupsicles

Makes 6 small treats

Ingredients: 
1 cup plain yogurt
1/2 cup pumpkin puree
1/4 cup Peanut Butter
3 small bone shaped dog treats ( cut in 1/2)
6 Dixie Cups

Directions:
1. In a large bowl, combine yogurt,pumpkin and peanut butter. Mix well.
2. Spoon mixture into dixie cups and top with 1/2 of a dog treat.
3. For large dogs, fill cups to the top. For small dogs fill 1/2 way.
4. Freeze for two hours or more. When you serve peel dixie cup away and serve to your pup!

No comments:

Post a Comment