Thursday, May 9, 2013

Cheesy Jalapeno Popper Burger



Ahhhhhh. My masterpiece.I LOVE jalapeno poppers what better way to enjoy them but in burger form. I was playing with how to present the burger for a long time. Where do I slather the cream cheese? Do I chop the jalapeno? Bottom line, it needed to be ooey gooey. When I cut into this baby I wanted cheese to run out! 

Did I keep you in suspense as to how I created this amazing burger? I ended up stuffing the burger with the cream cheese because I couldn't picture myself slathering cream cheese on this fluffy potato role. On another note.. picking the right bun. I just adore potato rolls so that is why I chose it. If you want to use a different kind of bun feel free!As for the jalapeno I sliced it length wise and grilled them along with the burgers. You can also chop them and saute if you wish.You can even add them to the burger micture. Overall, these burgers were AMAZING. They were juicy ( and I used 93% lean beef!) and cheesy. I might add they weren't super bad for you. I used a tsp of cream cheese per burger, 1 slice of 45 calorie cheese and 93% lean beef. Not bad for a delicious burger!

Cheesy Jalapeno Popper Burger

( Four Servings)


Ingredients: 
1 pound lean ground beef ( I used 93%)
2 large jalapenos sliced length wise and flatten
1 tsp of cream cheese per burger
4 slices ( 1 per burger) of cheddar cheese
4 potato rolls
1 tsp of chili powder
salt & pepper

Directions:
1. Put meat in a bowl and ass a pinch of salt and pepper and chili powder.Mix gently until combined. Spit into 4 balls.
2. Make a well in each and add the cream cheese. Fold over the rest of the meat to cover the cream cheese so it is inside the burger.You can also split the ball in 2 and put the cream cheese in the middle and seal the edges. 
3. Slice jalapenos in half lengthwise. and split rolls. 
4. Grill burgers on medium and then flip after five minutes. All peppers to the grill . After 2-3 minutes add cheese to burgers and flip peppers. 
5. Once burgers are done to your desired temp transfer to a plate. Let burgers sit for 2-3 minutes to redistribute juices and cream cheese. 
6. Assemble burgers and enjoy the cheese ooze out!! 


3 comments:

  1. I should not be looking at this right now, right before lunch. This looks sooooo good!

    Happy Blogging!
    Happy Valley Chow

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're masterpiece eh? SOLD!!! Anything you consider a masterpiece is a welcome addition on my plate!

    ReplyDelete
  3. :) Thanks guys! This burger was really delicious. Who knew cream cheese in a burger would be so delicious!

    ReplyDelete