Monday, March 18, 2013

Birthday's & Brewing Beer


Boy do I have alot of stuff to update you guys on! This weekend I celebrated my 28th birthday with my husband doing one of the most fun activities I have done in a long time, Brew Beer! My husband and I made the short ( long for Rhode Island trip standards) trip  to Incredibrew in Nashua, NH to brew this amazing beer. They basically have all of the equipment to make, bottle and take home your very own brew!Did I mention you can also make wine and soda? Yup, this place has it all.


It took me the whole hour and a half journey to decide what kind of beer I wanted to brew. There are hundreds to choose from and will remind you of beers you already drink like Blue Moon, Yuenling, Sam Adams Summer Ale and Dog Fish Head. We decided on a Belgian White " Blue Moon-esq"  style brew. Overall the total process took two hours. We learned alot about the brewing process, which the staff taught us every step of the way. After the brewing process was complete we need to make the trek back to New Hampshire to bottle and label our beer.

Did I mention you can drink beer while you brew? Incredibrew has a take one/leave one policy. So we took two other brewer's beer that they left and when we bottle our beer we leave two bottles of our beer for others to try. It is a fun way to make time go by faster when you are waiting for the beer to boil and you get to try different beers!

For pricing and information visit the Incredibrew website.

Has anyone brewed their own beer before? Tell us about it! Comment below!

6 comments:

  1. Happy birthday Leanne!! Looks like you had a great time celebrating. :) I've never brewed my own beer but it sounds like so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Nicole!!! It was a blast!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday! I actually wrote an article about Incredibrew when I was a food reporter for a Manchester, New Hampshire newspaper (The Hippo.) It's a fun place!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Omg really??? That's so crazy! It was such a blast! I can't wait to go back!

      Delete
  4. Happy Birthday Leanne! What an awesome, unique way to celebrate! SO cool!! I would love to brew my own sometime :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your blog! And happy birthday btw, mine was on Monday! Yay for Pisces :)

    Follow back if you can :)

    http://chowdownbythebay.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete