Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Roasted Butternut Squash & Pesto Pasta




You know me. I love me a heaping bowl of pasta any day! Pasta is so versatile. It can take on the flavor of anything you pair with it. I happen to be on a roasted butternut squash and pancetta kick lately, so why not add this delicious combo to pasta! Add some pesto and this is the ultimate, decadent dinner that you can make for your family!
This pasta is super simple to put together. You can roast the butternut squash ahead of time if you want to save time when cooking the day of. I like to do a bulk of my cooking on Sunday when my husband watches football from 1pm to 10pm. I prep meals for the week that way I don't have to spend alot of time prepping during the week.Or I go shopping. Either way, time well spent.  If you decide to roast the butternut squash ahead of time you can use it throughout the week for different meals.

The pesto is another part of the meal you can make ahead of time or use store bought in a pinch. I used this recipe for pesto. It is pretty full proof. Not to mention you can save it in ice cube trays if you have any left over. I used goat cheese as a garnish on this dish and WOW. Goat cheese and pesto are a match made in heaven. If you don't have any on hand you can use feta or parmesan.

Roasted Butternut Squash & Pesto Pasta

Serves 2

Ingredients: 
1/2 Box of your favorite pasta ( I used zitti)
3/4 cup pesto ( or more depending on pasta)
3 tablespoons pancetta cooked
1 butternut squash ( cubed) about 1 cup
1/4 cup crumbled goat cheese
1 tablespoons olive oil

Directions: 

1.Toss squash with olive oil and season with salt and pepper.Chop pancetta into small cubes and toss with squash. Roast Butternut squash and pancetta at 400F for 25 minutes or until golden

2. Boil pasta to package directions. 

3. If not using store bought pesto use recipe above to make it and set aside. 

4. When pasta is al dente, drain and put back into pot. Add 3/4 -1 cup of pesto and toss. Add squash and pancetta. Put into 2 bowls and top with crumbled goat cheese! Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment