Friday, September 28, 2012

Banana Bread Faux Fro-yo




This recipe is sort of an anomaly. There is no milk in this so technically it isn't frozen yogurt really. I am calling this healthy dessert Banana Bread frozen yogurt because it is made out of bananas! Of course I saw this on pinterest and it blew my mind. If you chop bananas and freeze them then blend in a blender or food processor the texture is just like frozen yogurt. Genius! If you don't like bananas, maybe this isn't for you. Hey, fair warning.

I used bananas that had been very ripe when I froze them so there was alot of banana flavor going on in my fro-yo. I was totally fine with that. If you are not a fan of huge banana flavor, use under ripe bananas and use very soon after freezing. People say it tastes nothing like bananas. You can add anything you want to this recipe to make it your own! I added some cinnamon and nutmeg so have a banana bread feeling to it, but feel free to add nutella and peanut butter or more toppings. Use your imagination!  I added chocolate chips because chocolate chips make everything better and some shredded coconut for good measure. Glorious!

Have any of you tried this faux fro-yo trick???

Banana Bread Faux Fro-yo






















Ingredients: 

3 bananas
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
sprinkle of cinnamon
sprinkle of nutmeg
optional: handfull of chocolate chips, coconut flakes

Directions:
1. The night before chop the bananas and put in a freezer bag and freeze overnight.
2. Once bananas are frozen, blend in a food processor until smooth. Add spices and extract and pulse to blend.
3. Scoop into a bowl and add toppings of your choice.

1 comment:

  1. This is why the YoNana machine is life changing it makes "frozen yogurt" out of bananas love this such a great fall desert! you can have this ready for the next time I come!

    ReplyDelete