Thursday, August 30, 2012

Spicy Avocado Noodles


I love me some noodles. When I saw this recipe from Grubarrazi ( awesome blog totally check it out) I couldn't wait to try this dish. I have made many different rendition of noodle bowls and they are so easy to make for the tastes you have or what you have on hand. You can add whatever veggies you have on hand or even sauces that you prefer.

Many of the noodle bowls that I make involve peanut butter to make a delicious noodles. I like this dish because it is different from what I have made before and it is so easy to make. I had everything on hand in the fridge, which let's be honest is also a plus. I made this with a hot chili sauce, but you can also use a sweet chili sauce if it is for kids or you don't like spice very much. To show how versatile this dish is I actually ate it hot and cold and loved it both ways. The avocado gives this dish such a sweetness and great texture, so unless you have some sort of avocado aversion make sure you include it! It was delicious. To be easy, I used whole wheat spaghetti. I find that rice noodles are highly available in Rhode Island, but maybe if you are in the middle of no where or you don't have a very large international section of your grocery store feel free to use angel hair or spaghetti. No harm no foul.


Avocado Rice Noodles ( From Grubarazzi)
Time in Kitchen: 30 minutes
Servings: 4
Nutrition information per serving: 320 calories, 13 grams fat, 51 carbs, 7 grams sugar, 4 grams protein

Salad Ingredients:
½ pound thin vermicelli rice noodles
2 Hass avocados, diced and toss in lime juice to prohibit browning
¼ of a red onion, thinly sliced
1 cup baby bib lettuce, roughly chopped
1 cup fresh basil, roughly chopped
2 tablespoons parsley, chopped

Dressing Ingredients:
¼ cup rice wine vinegar
1 tablespoon lime juice (use the same lime to squeeze over the avocado to prohibit browning)
2 tablespoons toasted sesame oil
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 tablespoons sweet red chili paste
½ teaspoon kosher salt
2 teaspoons fine white sugar


1 comment:

  1. Thanks so much for trying my recipe! This looks amazingly good.

    ReplyDelete